Today, we’re diving into a comforting classic with a special twist that will tantalize your taste buds. We’re talking about the Chicken Rice Casserole, a dish perfect for those cozy nights in or when you’re looking for a hearty meal to serve the family. But what makes our version stand out? It’s the addition of our very own Great Garlic Seasoning from Smash Seasonings!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Versatility: Whether you have leftover smoked chicken or just some cooked chicken lying around, this recipe is perfect for repurposing those ingredients.
- Crunch Factor: The buttered cornflakes, rice krispies, or crushed potato chips give this casserole a delightful crunch, contrasting beautifully with its creamy interior.
- Flavor Boost: Our Great Garlic Seasoning elevates this dish, adding an unmatched depth of flavor. It’s the secret ingredient that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Chicken Rice Casserole
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cut-up We used our leftover smoked chicken but you can use any cooked chicken.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup Helmanns mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, cut-up
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut-up
- 1 Tbsp Great Garlic Seasoning
- 1 cup buttered corn flakes You can also use rice krispies or crushed potato chips.
- Mix all ingredients and put in casserole dish.
- Top with 1 cup buttered corn flakes, rice krispies or crushed potato chips. (1/2 cup slivered almonds can also be added to the top.)
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
This Chicken Rice Casserole is more than just a dish; it’s a delightful experience. The creamy texture combined with the crunch and the aromatic hint of garlic from our Great Garlic Seasoning makes it a must-try. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a comforting meal, remember this recipe and don’t forget to sprinkle in that special touch from Smash Seasonings.
Want to elevate more of your dishes? Check out our range of seasonings, including the star of today’s recipe, the Great Garlic Seasoning, available now on smashseasonings.com. Happy cooking!